Sunday, July 31, 2011

it has been too long...

It has been a long time since I even looked at this blog.
Admittedly, the only reason I even came onto it was to look at an old macaron picture that i had blogged about...

Don't get me wrong, although i have been extremely dormant on updating the blog, i have been super busy in the kitchen.

I have been working on a side project which requires me to perfect a few recipes.. one of which is the macaron. Which explains why I am up at 2:18am. Just took my 3rd batch of macarons out of the oven for the night. I am tired, have dry hands and mixture in my hair and STILL i am not satisfied.

I have read countless blogs on how to get the perfect macarons, and in the past week have tried baking almost 10 batches of macarons.

Still finding it hard to get it perfect. It seems the batch I made a year ago is better than the ones I am whipping up today... WHAT THE HELL?

The 2011 me has so much more knowledge on the techniques of baking macarons then 2010 me. Yet looking back at the pictures that i posted last year... they look way better...

Well i guess its back to the drawing board (or cooking board if you like). I probably won't be updating for a while until i have some postworthy pictures though!

No comments:

Post a Comment