Monday, October 18, 2010

strawberry, blueberry and kiwi with white tea jelly



It was my boyfriends birthday just yesterday, and i decided that i would take him on a picnic by the lake. I had a whole menu set out. Cold Chorizo and Balsamic Onion pasta, lemon meringue cupcakes, passionfruit melting moments, potato salad, sandwhiches and drumsticks. I just felt like I was missing some fruit. I found this great and SIMPLE recipe from the Tartelette blog and used different fruit because I didn't have any at home! This recipe makes 3 servings, in fancy glass cups!

Ingredients

2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1 bag white tea or 1 tablespoon loose white tea leaves
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoons sugar (more if you like a sweeter tea)
1 punnet of strawberries, cut into quarters
1 punnet of blue berries
3 kiwi fruits


In a small bowl, mix up the gelatin with cold water.

Get the cup of boiling water and disolve the sugar and plunge in the tea, leaving it as strong or weak as you would like. Add in the gelatin mix and stir until everything is dissolved and let it cool.

Cut up the fruit and place nicely in the cups. Pour the liquid mixture into the cups so that it just covers the fruit.

Refridgerate for 3 hours and eat!

*You can use any kind of tea that you like such as green tea, rose tea, chamomile tea!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love your inclusion of white tea here - how creative! Happy b'day to your bf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, happy, birthday-ish jelly! I really all the fruits you added in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! I only saw these comments, thanks guys, i didnt think anyone even looked at this blog!

    ReplyDelete